Friday, July 5, 2013

Work Experience Pupil Tom Smith Highlights Rugby League Experience

I am Tom Smith year 10 work experience student on placement with Sport Wales highlighting my days experience in rugby league, north Wales.

Last tuesday I went and did some rugby league coaching down at a primary school in Hope for the first time and really enjoyed coaching in the school. I think it's something I want to do in the future and go on to get my coaching badges. I will now look to get my level one coaching badge then hopefully go for my level 2 badge. This work experience in rugby league has really influenced me in what I want to do with rugby in the future.

During the day all of the kids in the primary school really enjoyed themselves, they all had a smile on their face and all looked happy and having a laugh. One of the kids even said " is there a local rugby league club I can join?" So I think that was a very good point so it was a very successful coaching session at the school because it has got people wanting to get involved in rugby league out side of the school, so this was a really good plus note. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was brilliant
    
I then went to other schools delivering leaflets with the community coach about a local club called the Flintshire Falcons in their area which they can join out of school. So we promoted rugby league in local area and more and more people are getting involved in the sport  including girls too.

I had a great time on this work experience day it was brilliant - it really influenced me on what I want to do and it's definitely made my mind up that I want to go and get my coaching badges and get involved coaching.

To get involved in rugby league email Flintshire Falcons rugby league club on chair@falconsrl.co.uk 

Tom Smith.